Broccoli Olive Cheddar Frittata
This is the most versatile meal I have ever stumbled upon and my life is a little better because of this discovery. This is going to be a staple in my diet next year. Breakfast? Lunch? Dinner? Just swap the vegetables or even add some meat. Versatility!
What you need:
1 Large egg
1 Egg White
~1/2 C chopped Broccoli
~1/4 C Cheddar
Salt and Pepper- to taste
Pam or Olive Oil
1. Turn the broiler on high
2. Heat your saute pan med-high and grease it, then throw on the chopped broccoli- cook till tender
3. Meanwhile…The egg and eggwhite should be mixed (I added a couple T of water to make the mixture go farther)
4. When broccoli is tender pour in the egg mixture. At this point keep lifting pockets of cooked egg to ensure the egg mix gets cooked through. ( I tossed the olives on at this point)
5. Now, sprinkle cheese on top and take the pan from the stove and put under the broiler. (** Make sure your pan is oven friendly!! ie: the handle is not rubber and won’t melt, that would be unfortunate).
6. The frittata should broil 3-6 minutes or when the cheese is golden.
7. Transfer to plate and eat! I’m eating mine while I type this, it’s that good.
What’s your favorite frittata recipe?