Roomie and I dubbed Saturday a blueberry pancake breakfast morning. We got up at the crack of 11:00am and got to cooking. We couldn’t find a recipe that we had all the ingredients for so, we had to improvise. Can you believe our pantry lacks cinnamon, vanilla, and now flour! We will be making another grocery run after the farmer’s market today.
Blueberry (Chocolate Chip) Oat Bran Pancakes:
*8 small pancakes
Gather your ingredients:
3/4 C Oat Bran
1/2 C Flour
2 t baking powder
1/4 t salt
1 T sugar
1 C skim milk
1 large egg
Pinch of nutmeg (or cinnamon if you have it!)
1. Mix your dry ingredients together in a measuring cup (if you want to save bowls) add the egg and milk.
[Let the batter rest 5 min. for fluffier pancakes]
2. The skillet should be heated, spray with Pam before each pancake.
3. We wanted different toppings, so we pressed our blueberries/chocolate chips into the pancakes while in the pan.
4. When the sides start to rise (2 min) it is time to flip!
After I went crazy buying flatbread and wraps at Trader Joe’s and Winco I now have a surplus and have been getting creative with my bread. I made a light pesto/marinara pizza last week and a veggie wrap this week. If you are need of a couple of lunch ideas try these out!
Warm Veggie Lunch Wrap:
1. Turn the broiler on high,
2. Spread the laughing cow cheese on the flatbread.
3. Place sun dried tomatoes on bread and broil until is cheese is beginning to bubble.
4. Veggies should be warmed/steamed in microwave, and if you desire, broil for crispiness with sun dried tomatoes.
5. When just warmed (tomatoes may start to become golden) remove from oven and add lettuce.
6. To make it more interesting add hummus or olives, etc.
7. Wrap up and Enjoy!
A juicy pear and Justin’s Chocolate Hazelnut Butter are a great addition to this light meal. This was my first experience with anything from Justin’s! I am officially addicted to this brand, I want to try the almond butter flavor next!
And now, PIZZA! I literally whipped up this lunch in under 8 minutes. This uses the same flat bread from Flatout. (Yup, I’m addicted.)
Gather your ingredients:
Marinara Sauce (or any base)
Laughing Cow Cheese Wedge
*Any other desired toppings
1. Turn the broiler on high.
2. Spread the laughing cow cheese and place under broiler for 2 minutes
3. Remove from oven, add the toppings and pesto.
4. Broil for approximately 4 minutes.
5. Enjoy as a pizza or roll it as a wrap for easier eating!
When you eat wraps what do you normally use as the filling?
Have you ever made your own nutbutter?