Nearly every Monday morning the song by the Mamas and the Papas is hummed at one point. This is the first time I’ve watched it performed live and I’ll be honest, I laughed a little. I couldn’t help it, the guys pants are a little tighter than necessary and muumuus have never been fashionable. I wonder how that Hawaiian trend ever became so popular… But no matter, the song is great, as is the group!
This week is 2nd term of my summer classes and I am exploring the myths and legends of Folklore and US Pop Culture, I have no idea what to expect, tomorrow I’ll let you know what the class is all about. My other class is *drum roll* Pilates!I already had my first class today and I’m very excited because 99% of the class is, like me, a beginner and the instructor is very knowledgeable, especially emphasizing form.
This weekend we celebrated an early birthday for my brother, he lives out of state and we won’t be able to celebrate with him! One of his favorite types of cake is ice cream, my mom and I created this cake in under 15 minutes. It is very easy and much cheaper than buying a pre made cake.
Homemade Ice Cream Cake: Method
1. Use a bowl as your mold.
2. Layer wax paper on the bottom and sides, so when ready to eat it is easy to lift out.
3. Press the topping of your choice in the bottom of the mold (We used crushed Oreos.)
4. Scoop softened ice cream in to the mold about 3 in. deep (We used cookie dough.)
5. If using a second ice cream flavor, scoop second layer and smooth over the first layer. (We used mint for color contrast.)
6. Have your base prepared, graham cracker crumbles work great! A little melted butter will help to hold the crumbles together. Press over ice cream, approx. 1 in thickness.
7. Freeze it until ready to serve!
8. Before serving let it thaw about 15 minutes before removing from mold.
9.Set on plate and garnish! Chocolate syrup? Yes, please.
How do you celebrate your birthday?